Sports Premium Grant
What is the PE and Sports Grant?
The Education Funding Agency is providing additional funding to each school to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers to improve their teaching of PE
- Supporting and engaging the least active children
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
PE and Sports premium at Grange Community Junior School
Funding for schools is calculated by reference to the number of primary-aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11), as recorded in the annual schools census in January.
For this academic year Grange Community Junior School will receive £7,613.
Please click on the links to find out more information about: